The Call for Papers is now OPEN.
BSidesLisbon is back and we need your help to make it bigger and better once more!!
The event will be held in Lisbon (really?) on November 10th and 11th at Auditorio FMD-UL
To register go to: https://cfp.bsideslisbon.org/bsideslisbon-2022/cfp
As in the previous year, we will have the following:
Presentation slots with a fixed duration of 45 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A.
Presentation slots with a fixed duration of 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A.
We are open to both "short" and "long" workshops! Short workshops have a duration of 2 hours, and long workshops have a duration of 4 hours. Both have a maximum capacity of around 15 attendees.
The CFP deadline for submissions is October 2, 2022 23:59:59 WEST
What to Submit
We are looking for topics in the technical area of cyb^Winformation security. Doesn't matter if it's reverse engineering, web apps, or netsec. If it's infosec we are in for it!
We do however have a few rules:
- The talk and slides must be in English – Even though it's Lisbon we always have lots of foreign friends visiting our beautiful country and even presenting!
- We will record all presentations for publication on our Youtube channel. If publishing your presentation poses an issue for you then please select the "Don't record this talk" checkbox in the submission form.
- You must give your talk with passion! :)
Submissions will be reviewed by our "Call for Papers" review board.
The board will review all the talks and give them a rating, speakers will get at least a 1 month warning on either their talk has been accepted or not.
Your talk won’t be picked IF:
- It’s a sale pitch (vendor based talk / product talk)
- Talks that don’t have the minimum information when submitted (including correct contact information)
We thank you in advance for your interest and support in bSidesLisbon 2022, and all your submissions are greatly appreciated.
Tips from the review board:
- Be as detailed as possible: Don't give us just a title and a paragraph. (we don't need a full paper, but give us enough detail :);
- Be clear! Help us understand what is it you want to speak about, why it matters, and what attendees will get out of it;
- Submit early: We will be approving talks, and filling slots, throughout the review process. The later you submit, the less chance you have of being picked;
- Make sure your contact information is accurate!!! Every year there's some wrong email address that we are unable to get in touch with. We have some OSINT skills, but we have other priorities :) If you don't receive an automated email confirming your submission, something was wrong, let us know ASAP.
By being a speaker at bSidesLisbon, you'll get the following benefits:
- Peer recognition :)
- Full access to the conference
- Invitation to the legendary bSideslisbon speakers' dinner (ok, maybe it's not legendary, but it is still fun!).
- Exclusive bSidesLisbon2022 t-shirt
- Pastéis de Nata!
Being a small, community driven and not-for-profit conference, we have a limited budget and are unable to support expenses for speakers.
Privacy and Data Protection Information
- We only use your information for the purpose of evaluating your submission, and don't share it with anyone else;
- Your information (name / bio / title / abstract / description / resources) will be made public if your submission is accepted, and you confirm you'll be delivering it;
- You can update all information at anytime by logging in to your account;
- If you delete your account, all personal information is deleted;
- If you don't agree with the previous paragraphs, do not submit.
Code of Conduct
Please check our Code of Conduct here: https://www.bsideslisbon.org/2022/code-of-conduct/